Terms & Conditions
Medik8 Competition Terms and Conditions
This competition is organized by Medik8, a brand belonging to Pangaea Laboratories Ltd., (the “Promoter”) whose office is located 730 Centennial Park, Elstree, Herts. WD6 3SZ.
Please read carefully the competition terms and conditions referring to the specific definitions of the competition you are entering.
By participating in this competition, you (the “Participant”) are deemed to have irrevocably accepted these terms and conditions substituting, in place of the bold words herein, the specific competition definitions referenced, without reserve. Each specific competition will be listed with a competition name and short fanciful description followed by a list of defined terms which relate to the bold words included in the clauses below. The terms and conditions, and definitions for each specific competition are to be read together.
1. Medik8 is organizing a free competition on a communication Platform, with no obligation to purchase, starting on the Start Date and ending on the End Date (the “Competition”). No participation to this competition after this closing date will be considered.
2. The Prize of each Competition is that written in the specific competition definitions.
4. The Competition is only open to residents of the eligible Territory.
5. To enter the Competition, the Participant must be aged over 18 years old and must satisfy the following Criteria.
7. No part of the Prize is exchangeable for cash or any other benefit.
8. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the Platform. The Participant is providing his information to the Promoter and not to the Platform.
9. The Participant’s contact information will not be sold or transferred to any third party. The Participant irrevocably authorizes the Promoter to use his/her contact details for the purpose of contacting the Participant in relation with this Competition.
10. No employee who contributes to organizing and running the Competition, or any staff employed by the Promoter or any other affiliated entity may participate.
11. The Participant takes the responsibility to tag his/her friends. The Participant agrees to save and hold harmless the Promoter and its respective subsidiaries, employees and agents from any and all liabilities claims, actions, suits, demands, obligations, damages, losses, indemnities or complaints of any kind whatsoever raised or made arising out of or related to the tag of his/her friend.
12. The Promoter is not responsible for any delayed or not received entries due to any error, omission, Internet or software problems or any other reason beyond the Promoter’s control.
13 . The Promoter will not be held responsible if, in a case of force majeure or events beyond its control, it is forced to cancel the present Competition, defer it or modify its conditions.
14. The Participant shall refrain from making any statement which is prejudicial, threatening, illegal, defamatory, unauthorized, abusive, injurious, malevolent, an incitement to violence or to racial, religious, or ethnic hatred, vulgar, obscene, an interference with privacy or the rights to one’s image.
15. The Participant expressly acknowledges that any logo, material or related intellectual property rights published by the Promoter or an affiliated entity shall belong exclusively to the Promoter or to the affiliated entity and may not use in any way whatsoever such logo, material or intellectual property right without the Promoter’s written consent.
16. The Participant hereby grants to the Promoter a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual (for the duration of the applicable copyright) license to use any image or other intellectual property (“Licenced IP”) created by the Participant and submitted as part of their entry into the Competition for the purpose of the Promoter marketing its brand, products and/or services. The Participant hereby warrants that the Licensed IP does not violate or infringe any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property or contractual right of any third party.
17. The Participant agrees to hold harmless and indemnify the Promoter and its affiliates, officers, agents, employees, advertisers, licensors, suppliers or partners from and against any claim arising from or in any way related to the Participant’s breach of the terms and conditions contained herein.
18. The Participant expressly agrees to read the product packaging of any products included in the Prize and follow carefully any precautions and review the ingredient list especially if the Participant has any allergies so that incompatible or undesirable products are not used.
19. The general principle is fairness: entries or votes should be made or cast fairly. If, in the opinion of the Promoter this principle has been flouted, it can declare any entries or votes invalid, void the competition, change the competition instructions, or adjust the entries or the voting to achieve fairness, as it thinks fit. The competition instructions may carry a specific indication, but in the absence of such an indication, only one entry/ vote per entrant (or household, computer or other unit as appropriate) will be permitted. The decision of the Promoter over every instance shall be final and unchallengeable and in their absolute discretion they may declare void any entry/ vote or the competition itself should they consider that there are no entries reaching a required standard, whereupon they can award prizes or not as they think fit.
21. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any disputes relating to these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.