WHAT IS DEHYDRATED SKIN & HOW TO TAKE CARE OF IT
Symptoms of dehydrated skin:
● Visibly dull skin
● Feelings of tightness and itchiness
● Increased sensitivity
● Showing accelerated signs of ageing (fine lines are more common)
Dehydrated skin is a temporary condition, and can be caused by:
● Sun damage - can damage the skin barrier which can exacerbate water loss
● Changing weather, humidity & temperature
● Lifestyle - travelling (particularly via aeroplane), drinking alcohol (your skin can become hungover too!), unhealthy diet
● Overuse of harsh skincare - over exfoliating with hydroxy acids and vitamin A, and using stripping toners and cleansers
How to treat dehydrated skin
At Medik8, we are experts in skin so it makes sense to start with how to upgrade your skincare routine. For parched skin needing a hydration recharge, we recommend using a hyaluronic acid serum, with a moisturiser layered on top to lock in the benefits. Hyaluronic acid is skincare's hydration hero ingredient. It is a naturally occurring molecule within the skin that works like a moisture magnet to draw water into the skin and maintain its structure, for plumper, smoother skin.
Our ultimate hydration serum Hydr8 B5 Intense takes the power of hyaluronic acid to new levels. It features a complex of innovative ingredients which works to instantly restore and reboot your skin's natural moisture network, for long-lasting visible smoothing and plumping results.
Hydr8 B5 Intense features:
● Multi-weight Hyaluronic Acid - Three weights of hyaluronic acid work throughout the layers of the skin to instantly rehydrate and visibly plump the skin
● Natural Moisturising Factors (NMF) - Found naturally in the skin, applied in Hydr8 B5 Intense to replenish, supercharge and retain skin hydration
● Soy & Saskatoon Berry - Antioxidants that help to both support the natural production of hyaluronic acid in the skin, and prevent its breakdown to optimise the skin's natural moisture network
● Glyceryl Glucoside - An active which helps to balance hydration levels throughout the skin by opening up moisture tunnels for deep, long-lasting and carefully distributed hydration.
All of the above are delivered in a lightweight, silky, fast-absorbing liquid serum that is proven to work. In an independent clinical study conducted over 4 weeks on 33 participants, Hydr8 B5 Intense is clinically proven* to:
● Improve skin hydration instantly and over time
● Increase skin hydration levels in different environments (hot, dry and cold conditions)
● Improve the look of wrinkles in just 1 day
● Plump the skin in just 1 day 100% of dry and dehydrated skins showed visible hydration results
Other top skincare tips:
● Try to use a hydrating cleanser, such as Medik8’s Micellar Mousse, to ensure your skin is comforted whilst it is being cleansed of impurities
● If you are looking to use exfoliating acids, look for PHAs (polyhydroxy acids) which are a hydrating type of acid that are also great for sensitive skins
● Ensure you are wearing a moisturiser in the morning (we recommend one with SPF) and evening. Nourishing cream textures can help to hold hydration into the skin and prevent it escaping.
In addition to skincare, making a few minor changes in your day-to-day life or at certain times of year when you feel you struggle with skin dehydration the most can help to improve your concerns. A few examples:
● Wearing sunscreen all year round to protect from sun damage (see Medik8’s Advanced Day Ultimate Protect for the best in sun protection AND moisturisation)
● Switching alcohol and coffee for water, particularly when travelling
● Getting plenty of sleep
● Incorporate more fruits and vegetables into your diet
● Exercising regularly and replenishing fluids afterwards
Shop Hydr8 B5 Intense now to help solve your skin dehydration concerns.